Virospack is proud to announce that we have received the ISO 14001 certification.
An important recognition to share and celebrate in an internal event with all our employees who work hard every day to respect the environment.
As sustainability is an aspect which Virospack is continuously working to improve on, the ISO 14001 certification is very important to us.
Because a Planet B doesn't exist and we know it.
What does ISO 14001:2015 mean?
· It specifies the requirements for an environmental management system that an organization can use to enhance its environmental performance
· It is intended for use by an organization seeking to manage its environmental responsibilities in a systematic manner that contributes to the environmental pillar of sustainability
· It helps an organization achieve the intended outcomes of its environmental management system, which provide value for the environment, the organization itself and interested parties.
What do ISO 14001:2015 standards mean for Virospack? They helps us to:
· Improve resource efficiency
· Reduce waste
· Drive down costs
· Provide assurance that environmental impact is being measured
· Gain competitive advantage in supply chain design
· Increase new business opportunities
· Increase stakeholder and customer trust
· Improve overall environmental impact
· Manage environmental obligations with consistency
How we celebrated ISO 14001:2015
To thank the implication, dedication, effort and awareness in respect for the environment, which all employees of Virospack have demonstrated in their work, the company wanted to celebrate this certification with all the team.
Many have been the new methodologies, challenges and investment implemented these last years in sustainable production. A way of working respectfully with our planet that is worthwhile and that ISO 14001 certifies for the satisfaction of all in Virospack.
To celebrate this new recognition of The Dropper Company -that had already been certified in 2001 for its quality with ISO 9001-, Virospack gathered more than 300 employees together in a casual and festive style lunch of, held in its own facilities.
Aida Rodriguez, Virospack Environment Manager, explained to all attendees the achievements in sustainability, thanked them for their collaboration, and encouraged all to continue working in the same direction to make Virospack a totally environmentally-friendly company.
A buffet lunch was organized on the building’s ample terrace, under a beautiful blue sky and radiant sun, also intense heat. The attendees tasted a large variety of hot and cold dishes, all of them served in an eco-friendly presentation, avoiding all kinds of single use materials such as plastic bottles, straws or paper napkins.